Jensen is a brand of audio products, which was founded in the year of 1937 and headquartered in California.
This article demonstrates how to replace the needle on your Jensen record player, which is one of the most popular audio equipment brands for decades. The company also produces headphones, speakers, amplifiers, etc.
Can you replace a needle on a record player?
Yes, it’s possible! But first, let me explain what a needle is. A needle is basically a small metal rod that goes through the vinyl and touches the groove of the record. Record players follow grooves to play music. If there are any problems with the needle, then it can cause skipping or even damage the record. So if you have a problem with your needle, you should take care of it immediately. A Jensen record player needle has to be replaced. I’ll show you how to do it below.
How to Replace Jensen Record Player Needle
- Remove the cover from the back of the record player.
- Unscrew the screws holding the top plate to the main body of the record player. Then remove the top plate.
- Take out the old needle. You may need to use a screwdriver to do this.
- Put the new needle into place. Make sure the tip of the needle is touching the groove of the record before putting it back together.
- Screw the top plate back onto the main body of the recorder.
- Turn on the power switch and press Play to hear whether the needle works properly.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until all needles are replaced.
- Reassemble the record player.
- Enjoy your newly repaired record player.
Video Reference: Replacing the needle in Jensen JTA-230 turntable
DIY Tips for Replacing Jensen Record Player Needle
Here are some tips for replacing the needle yourself:
- Replace the needle by touching the groove with the new needle’s tip.
- When inserting the needle, don’t use too much force. Otherwise, the needle might break.
- After replacing the needle, turn off the power switch and wait at least 30 minutes before playing the record again.
- Check the condition of the needle regularly. If you find any scratches on the needle, you should replace it immediately.
- To prevent dust from getting inside the record player, clean the surface of the record player after each replacement.
- Jensen JTA475B 3-Speed Turntable Music System Review 2022
- Jensen JTA-460 Review – Excellent Beginner Player!
- Jensen JTA-385 Review – My Still Favorite Tapes & LPS!
Having a record player repaired yourself does not require you to be an expert. You just need a little patience and some time. Changing the needle on a record isn’t difficult at all. However, if you’re not careful enough, you might damage the record. To avoid damaging the record, follow these instructions carefully.